As you may know, we’re currently raising money via Kickstarter to create our dream project about the city we love so much: Columbus, Ohio. We are connoisseurs of Columbus here at Available Light. We love our city not for its own sake, but for the great variety of incredible culture(s) it hosts, and for the fact that (as our friend Leigh Householder once said,) “You’re basically guaranteed to be rubbing elbows with an artist whether you’re shopping the North Market or noshing on Hyde Park steaks.”
Here are Top Ten lists from seven of Columbus’s biggest fans. And we want to know – What’s on your Top Ten? Post up in the comments and share the love.
Jaylene’s Top Ten Playgrounds:
10. Fancyburg Park- Upper Arlington
9. Goodale Park
8. Emerald City Park- Dublin
7. Selby Park- Worthington
6. Park of Roses
5. North Orange Park- Delaware
4. Homestead Park
3. Millstone Creek
2. Scioto Mile
1. Audubon Park
Eleni’s Top Ten Columbus navigational landmarks for when I inevitably get lost:
10. Columbus Water Tower
9. Welcome to Franklinton mural
7. CCAD Art sculpture
6. Main Street bridge
5. American Gothic mural
4. Low flying airplanes
3. Budweiser Brewery building
2. All branches of the Columbus libraries
1. That beautiful Columbus skyline
Michelle’s Top 10 Reasons I love my hometown
10. Huntington Park Home of the Columbus Clippers
9. #1 Library system in they country (yay CML!)
8. COSI – #1 hands on sciences museum in the US
7. Amazing historic neighborhoods – German Village, Italian Village, Grandview, Eastmoor, Beechwold , Bexley
6. Amazing art collections – CMA, Pizzuti, Wexner, Chihuly at Franklin Park
5. Our Metro Parks- Highbanks, Blendon Woods, 3 Creeks, etc
4. OSU Football and Basketball … Especially Women’s bball
3. Home of Jenis Splendid Ice Cream
2. Columbus Zoo- #1 zoo in the nation
1. Available Light Theatre
Ian’s Top 10 favorite Columbus places:
10. Golden Delight Bakery (fresh strawberry cream cake)
9. Studio II at the Riffe Center
7. Northstar Restaurants
6. Dublin Lifetime Fitness pool
5. Mission Coffee
4. Luck Brothers Coffee
3. The Book Loft
2. Park of Roses
1. Harvest Pizza
Elena’s Top 10 Favorite places for Pre and/or Post show food and beverages:
10. The Sycamore
9. Red Brick Tap and Grill
7. South Bend
6. Jimmy V’s in German Village
5. Harvest Pizza
4. The Walrus
2. Old Towne Tavern
1. Little Palace
Acacia’s Top Ten Columbus desserts I can’t resist:
10. Pattycake Bakery- Snickerdoodle Cookie
9. Omega Artisan Bakery- Cinnamon Roll
8. Destination Donuts- Strawberry Buttermilk Nibblers
7. Till Dynamic Fare- Beignets
6. Lindey’s- Key Lime Pie
5. DK Diner- Plain glazed cake donuts
4. Northstar- Dark Chocolate Truffle Cookie
3. Pure Imagination Chocolates- Dark Relic
2. Pistacia Vera- My wedding cake (and Lavender Shortbread)
1. Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams- Askinosie Dark Milk Chocolate
Matt’s Top Ten Places I’m grateful to have in Columbus:
10. Rogue Fitness
9. The Laughing Ogre
8. Paradise Garage
7. The Roosevelt Coffeehouse
6. Spoonful Records
5. Mission Coffee Co.
4. Columbus Libraries (specifically downtown, now closed for renovations)
3. Luck Bros Coffee
2. 400 West Rich
1. The Wexner Center for the Arts
Drew’s Favorite Places in Columbus (with a casual suggestion of when to be there):
10. Comfest …I’m a fan of the comedown on Sunday evening. The music is still going strong, but the blankets are out and the food lines are short.
9. The Shoe … October afternoon games are the best. We’re in the Big 10 schedule, and that perfect fall clip is in the air.
8. Harvest Pizzeria … The porch after nightfall, when it’s cool enough to wear a sweater.
7. Audobon Metro Dog Park … Whenever there’s energy to burn.
6. Tigertree … A day or two before his birthday.
5. Adriadico’s New York Style Pizze … Your budget birthday party.
4. Bat-n-Rouge Softball Game … It’s all about the pre game banter. Hilarious.
3. Drexel Theater – Bexley … I tend to go during Oscar season, Saturday, 11:00 AM showing, with a coffee. You get the hardcore moviegoers and will not hear a cellphone.
2. Little Palace … After a show with the Available Light family.
1. The Book Loft/Schiller Park (double feature) … Take your time shopping then stop on a park bench for Chapter 1.
NOW YOU …